I haven’t posted anything random in a while, so here we go!
- Am I the only one who thinks about improving my vocabulary after hearing a good speaker/teacher?
- I caught myself making a list within my list today…that’s too many steps, Audra.
- I will download 2-3 apps to test run and then delete them all the next day. Most apps are time suckers! But they all look so cool in the App Store…
- If someone is wearing socks and sandals, I CANNOT stop myself from staring at their feet. (I’ve seen it a lot this summer time.)
- The one thing I enjoy about summer is the weather is very predictable. It’s always just hot and I never have to carry a sweater!
Now it’s your turn. What are some random things you’ve had on your mind recently?
I’m amazed at how much information there is in our world in relationship to how little I know.
Does anyone remember the website Stumble Upon?
In thinking about this topic, I did a quick Google search and it turns out they’re still around!
Back in my college days, one of my many procrastination tools was to check out cool new websites via Stumble Upon. It was possible to be on that website for at least an hour…
There are websites that I still enjoy today that I found using Stumble Upon. There’s no way that I could’ve found them on my own, either. Think about the amount of new content that we have access to everyday:
- YouTube videos.
- TV shows
I’m reminded of the words of King Solomon:
But regarding anything beyond this, dear friend, go easy. There’s no end to the publishing of books, and constant study wears you out so you’re no good for anything else. The last and final word is this: Fear God. Do what he tells you.
I think it’s safe to say that there’s no end to the releasing of new content.As one of my English professors put it:
The only thing that makes your writing original is that you wrote it. The various devices of storytelling and poetry have been around way before you were around and will continue way after you’re gone.
This is a topic that keeps me humble and also shows me just how big God is. Imagine what He thinks! He created everything and knows everything and sees everything.
My brain started smoking just by thinking about all of this….
While my goal is to learn as much as I can, it’s safe to say that there will always be a large gap between what I know and how much more there is to know.