This blog post is dedicated to my friend, Bethany Fletcher, in honor of her birthday.
We met in college and became friends instantly….NOT!
In fact, I remember the time she told me that the first time we hung out in a big group she went to her room and cried. She also used to lock the door on her side of our Jack and Jill style bathroom suite.
Bethany taught me about many things, but for some I am eternally grateful:
- Fashion–thanks for helping me get past dressing like a granny.
- Music–my previous musical tastes involved a lot of Reba and Patsy Cline. I’m still their number one fan, but my musical taste has broadened–a lot.
- Blogging–if it wasn’t for Bethany, I would not be a blog lover today.
- Encouragement–this chick has walked with me and encouraged me through some pretty dark times. She’s also slapped me back into reality, but it’s always followed by a hug.
- Jesus–Bethany’s friendship with our Savior is out of this world. Seriously. I’ve always looked to her example in how to live, love, and serve Jesus.
Bethany, I hope you’re okay with me dedicating a whole blog post to you. It’s just that you know I’m horrible at sending out cards…..but I do want you to know that I am thankful for your friendship.
I hope that your 26th year is awesome.
Know that my thoughts and prayers are always with you and, of course, Mr. Fletcher.