Selah and I had a great time at Rose Sunday! What a privilege to be a part of the 100th celebration of such a special tradition.
Selah added an extra element of joy because I experienced one of my favorite traditions through her eyes.
I want to share my top 5 highlights of the day with Selah:
- “This place is as pretty as a church, but it’s really a school.” (Comment as we walked around campus.)
- “I’m glad the ivy is good ivy because all the girls would be itchy right now if it was poison ivy.” (Comment upon seeing the girls hold up the ivy chain.)
- “Is this where all the girls in beautiful dresses live?” (Asked as we stood outside the freshman dorm.)
- I enjoyed racing Selah around the hockey field.
- Selah and I playing “car-nado” on the ride home. (Rolling all the windows down as we drove down Highway 5.)
Our sister day was a huge success. It was fun showing her around my old stomping grounds.
Tomorrow I’ll share about Dr. Hokanson’s memorial service.
Now, to crash after this long day…