I met Bob Goff!!!!
He spoke at The Assembly in Broken Arrow this morning.
The man is a great example of love in action. His whole life is about taking the love of Christ to a broken world and introducing them to the Savior who makes all things new.
I’ve read Love Does a dozen times in the past couple of years. It’s one of the best books I have ever read–and that’s saying a lot.
To end my awesome afternoon, I went to Souper Sunday, a benefit dinner to raise money for Total Source for Hearing Loss and Access (TSHA).
What a cool organization!
It’s a hub for the deaf community in Tulsa and I’m so happy to finally be connected again!
This past week, I attended a deaf church and a coffee social.
My heart is full…
Life is good because my Father God is good.
I am a word collector.
I collect inspiring words.
I write them down in my brain depository, which is really just my notebook. (Yes, I used the thesaurus to find a synonym of notebook. I am that person.)
It’s impossible to listen to smart people without writing down their words of wisdom.
I encourage you to become a word collector too. Buy a notebook or use one of the million note taking apps.
Here’s 10 of my favorite quotes from this year. If I got it from a book, I’ll give you the title.
- “To foreclose on our emotional life out of a fear that the costs will be too high is to walk away from the very thing that gives purpose and meaning to living.” -Dr. Brene Brown, Daring Greatly
- “How can we be loved if we are always hiding?” -Donald Miller, Scary Close
- “Language does not always have to wear a tie and lace up shoes.” -Stephen King, On Writing
- “You know what it is about someone that makes them a friend? A friend doesn’t just say things; a friend does.” -Bob Goff, Love Does
- “Passion is often found in the crucible of work.” -Jon Acuff, Do Over
- “Servants can go places kings can’t.” -Jon Weece, Jesus Prom
- “The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.” -Sunni Brown, The Doodle Revolution
- “Grace treats us like we already are what we fear we will never become.” -Beth Moore, taken from Wednesdays in the Word on Life Today
- “If you stay in a rut long enough, it will become a grave.” -Christine Caine, taken from one of her many teachings on YouTube
- “The ministry of the heart is the sole responsibility of the individual, yet few people ever learn how to consistently influence their hearts in a deliberate way.” -Dr. James Richards, How to Stop the Pain